It’s easy to let your curiosity lead in Franklin County. We boast one of the most comprehensive educational systems in Virginia that offers learning opportunities from cradle to grave.
Education is a high priority both in Franklin County and the state. In fact, Virginia has been ranked the #2 state for higher education! As part of the larger Roanoke Region, Franklin County is convenient to 25 institutions of higher learning where over 100,000 undergraduate and graduate students are educated each year.
Within the County’s borders, residents can avail themselves of the full range of post-secondary educational options from community college, to specific workforce training, to a four-year institution.
Just because you’ve earned a degree doesn’t mean you have to stop learning. Franklin County even offers public programs for seniors.
- Franklin County Public Schools has a 94% graduation rate and student-teacher ratio of 12:1
- The Gereau Center for Applied Technology and Career Exploration is an innovative project-based learning options offered through Franklin County Public Schools.
- High-quality community college and continuing education via Franklin Center + Virginia Western and Patrick & Henry Community College
- Free Virginia Western Community College tuition for qualifying students through The Community College Access Program (CCAP)
- Ferrum College and nearby colleges & universities in Roanoke